American Membrane Technology Association (AMTA) is seeking an Executive Director (ED) to lead the organization starting in October 2019. The current ED, Harold Fravel, has served in this capacity for seven years and is retiring at the end of 2019. The ED serves as a visionary leader and ambassador for the organization supporting AMTA’s vision, mission and objectives. The ED will be responsible for managing the Association’s communication and outreach strategy, strengthening AMTA’s role as America’s authority on membrane-based water and wastewater treatment, thus promoting financial stability and growth in membership of the Organization. The ED reports to AMTA’s Board of Directors (BOD) and oversees the day-to-day management of the Association. The ED supervises the contracted Administrative Director and staff. Position is for a three-year term subject to annual renewal at the discretion of the BOD. To learn more about AMTA, please visit our website at www.amtaorg.com.
Qualifications: The candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively as the primary spokesperson for the organization.
- Experience in water/wastewater treatment, water reclamation/reuse, membranes and/or desalination.
- Experience working with non-profit associations.
- Possess strategic, business, marketing and political skills to strengthen the organization, expanding membership and visibility/effectiveness, while also providing oversight of financial/resource allocation.
- Ability to foster relationships with the membership, including utility, government, manufacturing, engineering, science, academic, and industry leaders.
- Lead legislative, regulatory, governmental and industry initiatives.
- Must be willing to travel extensively promoting the organization, participating in conferences and meetings.
- Experience working with Boards and managing administrative staff.
An ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Self-motivated, energetic, results-focused executive with a collaborative leadership style that inspires respect, exhibits confidence and has a persuasive presence.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive and passion for fulfilling the mission of the Association.
- Innovative and forward thinking in implementation of the organization’s objectives.
- Candidate must demonstrate progressive, frontline leadership, ability to think strategically, make decisions, and focus the Association’s resources on mission specific initiatives.
Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Travel and other expenses directly related to AMTA business will be paid.
Application: To apply for this position, please submit the following in confidence to the selection committee chairs: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is 5 PM (Pacific/California Time) April 1, 2019.
- Letter of interest with salary request.
- Full resume including employment history.
- A synopsis of your management style, how you would meet AMTA goals and your compatibility with this position (3-page max).