The company offers the new versaTHERM series of clean water and oil circulation heaters that are more powerful and flexible than previously available 2.5 in. screw plug heaters.
The company offers the new versaTHERM series of clean water and oil circulation heaters that are more powerful and flexible than previously available 2.5 in. screw plug heaters. With field adjustable power levels between 0.5kW and 40kW, compact housings and multiple mounting arrangements, the series can be installed in a huge range of applications and equipment configurations. Twelve basic part numbers can be custom assembled for more than 120 different voltage, phase, wattage, and circuit combinations– all deliverable within three working days to satisfy both OEM and MRO applications.
The Model NWHSRG (water) and NWHOSR (oil) heaters are functional replacements for many older units from other manufacturers, and the series can boost water or oil temperature anywhere in a distribution system or application. Design versatility allows field adjustment of power ratings with simple connections to the six heater elements. In many cases, replacing an existing circulation heater with a versaTHERM model will provide additional power capacity in the same amount of space, and allows for future kW expansion by simply rewiring or exchanging the unit's heater elements. These features, combined with the company's 3-day lead time, helps keep equipment downtime to a minimum.
Features of the Models NWHSRG and NWHOSR include:
- 39 Water and 28 Oil kW and voltage ratings are field adjustable (NWHSRG: 0.5 to 40 kW; NWHOSR: 0.5 to 10 kW; 1 phase– 120, 208, 240 and 480V; 3 phase– 208, 240 & 480V)
- Less than 6 in. OD x 19 in. or 30 ¾ in. in length
- Multiple inlet connections (drain port can be used as an alternate inlet for more versatility)
- E1 general purpose terminal enclosure, rotatable 360 degrees to match conduit connections
- INCOLOY sheath heating element welded to a 2.5-inch steel screw plug
- Cast iron body for oil applications; galvanized vessel for water applications
- Integral J type thermocouple for process loop or over-temperature control of the fluid (combine with a Chromalox Model 4468 control panel to create a custom solution in less than a week)
These circulation heaters are part of the company's Fast Ship program, designed to reduce equipment downtime and spare parts in manufacturing, process industries and large commercial buildings. This program delivers catalog listed, assembled-to-order circulation and immersion heaters within three business days. The company continues its 24-hour delivery program on the industry's largest shelf stock of heaters and controls, including single-loop and multi-loop PID temperature controllers and sensors.
Chromalox Precision Heat and Control, 701 Alpha Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238. Tel: 800-4432640; Fax: 412-967-5148.