High pressure pipe testing is safer than ever before, thanks to EST's GripTight High Presure Test Plug. Unlike other plugs that can loosen and eject under high pressure – even becoming dangerous projectiles – the GripTight actually uses test pressure to seal more securely against the pipe's inner diameter
- I.D. Sealing Version
- Pressures to 14,000 psi (960 Bar)
- Sizes from .93" to 8.53"
(23.6mm - 216.7mm) In Stock
- Larger Sizes through 42" (1066.8 mm) Available
- Shown with Optional Pipe Cap
For sizes smaller than .93" (23.6 mm) see SQ2
For sizes larger than 8.53" (216.7 mm) contact factory
Test open ended pipes, pipelines, tubes and pressure vessels quickly and safely.
High pressure pipe testing is safer than ever before, thanks to EST's GripTight High Presure Test Plug. Unlike other plugs that can loosen and eject under high pressure – even becoming dangerous projectiles – the GripTight actually uses test pressure to seal more securely against the pipe's inner diameter. The greater the pressure-the greater the grip! The result is safer installation, safer testing, and better sealing.
Here's what EST's GripTight Plug has to offer:
- High Pressure Performance: GripTight Plugs have been used for pipe burst tests in a manufacturing environment. Operating pressures are limited by strength of pipe, not the test plug.
- Engineered Seal Design: Reduces seal wear for long lasting performance.
- Optional High Pressure Pipe Cap: Plugs can be used in solid or ported configurations.
- Positioning Washer: Prevents plug loss in pipe end, and eliminates plug lock-up after hydro test, common with inferior plug designs.
- Faster, Easier Testing: Eliminates costly, time consuming practice of welding on end caps. GripTight plugs install quickly and are reusable.
- Retaining Spring: Assures retraction of gripper segments. Superior to O-ring design.
- Easy to Maintain: Replacement seals and grippers readily available and easy to replace.
- Quality Assurance System: Manufactured under a Quality Assurance Program certified to ISO 9001 and several U.S. nuclear industry standards including ANSI N45.2, NQA-1, 10CFR 50 Appendix B, and 10CFR 21.
- Super Stock: 1" to 12" in Sch 40 and 80 (DN25 to DN200) sizes are in stock for same or next day shipment. Larger sizes through 42" (1,066.8 mm) also available.
- Optional Seals: Viton® , Silicone, EPDM.
EST Group Inc. DBA Expansion Seal Technologies Group, 334 Godshall Drive, Harleysville, PA 19438. Tel: 215-513-4300; Fax: 215-513-4333.
Viton® is a registered trademark of DuPont Performance Elastomers.