HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--On November 13 and 14, Gulf Publishing Company will host over 1,000 businesswomen, executives and industry leaders from top energy companies worldwide for the Fourth Annual Women's Global Leadership Conference in Energy & Technology at the Westin Galleria in Houston.
This two-day event is devoted exclusively to providing a forum for women in the energy industry to discuss key business and economic issues and gather insight from world leaders in energy, government, politics and academia. These discussions will center on issues ranging from responsible stewardship to professional development strategies. Some of the topics to be discussed include alternative energy, national oil companies in the global energy marketplace, Wall Street and the industry, and the demand for energy versus the environment.
"This conference is unique in that it focuses on topics that cross all sectors and job roles within our industry," said Maggie Seeliger, Vice President of Strategic Business Development for Gulf Publishing Company. "Together with our tremendous sponsors and advisory board, we have assembled an incredible group of global industry leaders to discuss solutions to the most important issues we face today."
Keynote speakers will include:
- Sara Akbar, Chief Executive Officer, Kuwait Energy Company
- Martha Carnes, Conference Chair of Women's Global Leadership Conference and US Energy Assurance Leader, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Dr. Scott W. Tinker, Director, Bureau of Economic Geology & State Geologist of Texas Professor, Edwin Allday Chair of Subsurface Geology, President-Elect, American Association of Petroleum Geologists
Other presenters will include female executives and senior professionals from an array of energy companies and related organizations – including BP, ExxonMobil, Marathon Oil, Schlumberger, Shell, Halliburton, Texas Petrochemical LP, University of Texas, Texas A&M University, UT M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, and others.
(Please see complete list of presenters at the end of this press release.)
"The economic hard times facing today's market, coupled with the geopolitical issues in the energy industry, makes it increasingly important to bring the top women in energy together to focus on leadership development," said Martha Carnes, Conference Chair and US Energy Assurance Leader for PricewaterhouseCoopers. "The Women's Global Leadership Conference is the only one of its kind that allows women in energy to join forces and tackle these hard issues."
The event will begin on November 13 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and will continue on November 14 from 8 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. The event is jointly hosted by Gulf Publishing Company, its publications World Oil and Hydrocarbon Processing, and its sister publication Petroleum Economist. For more information or to register, please visit www.WGLNetwork.com.
Presenters: Women's Global Leadership Conference
- Michael Skelly, Former Chief Development Officer, Horizon Wind, and Democratic Candidate for the 7th Congressional District of Texas
- Carla Cico, Chief Executive Officer, Ambrosetti China
- Terry Wood, Vice President, Technology, BP Alternative Energy
- Deborah Grubbe, PE, Vice President Group Safety, BP America Inc.
- Victoria Uduak Okotie, Production Engineer, BP Exploration & Production
- Joanne Shore, Energy Information Administration, Department of Energy
- Pam Darwin, Vice President Americas, ExxonMobil Exploration Company
- Tim Cejka, President, ExxonMobil Exploration Company
- Dr. Pinar Yilmaz, Manager External Project Collaboration, ExxonMobil Exploration Company
- Maggie Montaigne, Vice President, ExxonMobil Account, Halliburton
- Laura Schwinn, Marketing Director, Halliburton
- Anna Aabo, President, IRIS-International Research Institute of Stavanger
- Amanda Mesler, Chief Executive Officer, North America, Logica
- Dr. Laureen Wishom, Chief Solutionary Officer, Masterpiece Solutions, LLC
- Samina Farid, Chairman, Merrick Systems, Inc.
- Sylvia Barnes, Managing Director in Investment Banking, Merrill Lynch
- Cheryl Chartier, Vice President Marketing & Business Development, NATCO
- Barbara Johnson, Partner, Employment Division, Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP
- Karyl Lawson, Attorney at Law, Phillips & Reiter, P.L.L.C.
- Denise Patrick, Vice President, Marketing and Creative Services, Pierpont Communications, Inc.
- Sandra Reid, Assurance Senior Manager, Energy Practice, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Veronique Sandford, Director, Energy & Utility Sector, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Dr. Zlatica I. Kraljevic, Dean of Institutional Relations, Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University (PMU), Al Khobar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Susan Wood, Chief Executive Officer, SCC Americas
- Dr. Susan Rosenbaum, Director, Technical Communities and Knowledge Management, Schlumberger
- Libby Cheney, Vice President Corporate Support, EP Americas, Shell Energy Resources Company
- Lynda Armstrong, Vice President Technology, Solutions, Shell International Exploration & Production B.V.
- Susan Hodge, Vice President, Transition, Finance Operations, Shell Oil Company
- Charlene Tsang-Kao, Senior Attorney, Solvay North America, L.L.C.
- Toni Beck, Group Vice President, Internal and External Affairs, Spectra Energy
- Molly Boyd, Vice President, Internal & External Communications, Spectra Energy
- Tina Faraca, President, Maritimes & Northeast Pipeline, Spectra Energy
- Rachel Clingman, Partner-in-Charge, Sutherland Asbill & Brennan, LLP
- Dr. Christine Ehlig-Economides, Professor of Petroleum Engineering and Albert E. Stevens Endowed Chair, Texas A&M University
- Ruth Dreessen, Chief Financial Officer, Texas Petrochemicals LP
- Karyl Innis, Chief Executive Office and Chairman, The Innis Company
- Laura Wood Johnson, Associate Director of Philanthropy, Northwest Texas, The Nature Conservancy of Texas
- Ann Davis, Senior Special Writer, The Wall Street Journal
- Manoelle Lepourtre, Vice President, Research and Development, Total E&P
- Alexandra Pruner, Partner & CFO, Tudor, Pickering & Co., LLC
- Dr. Julia Smith Wellner, Director, Geoscience Learning Center and Assistant Research Professor, Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, University of Houston
- Dr. Priscilla Grew, Professor of Geosciences and Director, University of Nebraska State, Museum of Natural History, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Donna Ukanowicz, RN, MS, ACM, Director, Case Management, UT M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Dr. Michelle Michot Foss, Chief Energy Economist and Head, Center for Energy Economics, Bureau of Economic Geology, University of Texas at Austin
- Dr. Anne Ferrante, Director, Global Leadership Executive MBA program, University of Texas at Dallas, School of Management
- Betsy Bagley, Director, Business Development, YourOnRamp.com
Presenters: Women's Global Leadership Network Workshops
- Cindy Schild, Refining Issues Manager, Downstream Segment, American Petroleum Institute
- Joanne Shore, Energy Information Administration, Department of Energy
- Mary Davis Holt, Partner, Flynn Heath Holt Leadership
- Merge Gupta-Sunderji, Leadership & Workplace Communication Expert
- Ann Banks, Senior Vice President of Finance, SCC Americas
- Mari Laino, Vice President Strategy, Planning and Performance, Shell Exploration & Production
- John Matt, Vice President, Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Social Performance, Shell Exploration & Production
Copyright 2008 Business Wire All Rights Reserved.