Quicky and safely test open or plain end pipe and tube to 5,000 psi (343 Bar). The O.D. GripTight uses EST's proven GripTight self-gripping, self-sealing feature in combination with a new Dual Seal mechanism to provide unparalleled speed and safety in hydro-testing
- 1/4" to 3" ANSI pipe sizes
- 1/2" to 3-1/2" tube sizes
- Operating pressures to 5,000 psi (343 Bar)
- Metric pipe and tubing sizes available
Quicky and safely test open or plain end pipe and tube to 5,000 psi (343 Bar). The O.D. GripTight uses EST's proven GripTight self-gripping, self-sealing feature in combination with a new Dual Seal mechanism to provide unparalleled speed and safety in hydro-testing.
Conventional hydro-testing plugs grip and seal along the I.D. of the pipe or tube. The new O.D. GripTight design grips and seals along the pipe O.D. Since pipe O.D.'s are constant one O.D. plug often replaces several different sizes of I.D. sealing plugs providing an economic advantage and lower inventory.
The O.D. GripTight has proven to be so simple to operate and maintain that it has been adopted by the U.S. Navy as a primary component in their new Damage Control product named the Pipe Jumper Hose System (PJHS).
O.D. GripTight Test Plugs offer the following:
- Dual Seal Design: The patented Dual Seal mechanism allows the bore of the sealing element to be larger than the pipe O.D during installation. This prevents damage to the seal by sharp edges or burrs on the end of the pipe.
- Easy Installation and Removal: Slip the plug over the end of the pipe, tighten by hand or simple spanner wrenches, pressurize and begin testing.
- Lightweight: Lightweight aircraft aluminum construction; hardened grippers and urethane / buna-n seal element.
- Easy to Maintain: Replacement Seals and Grippers are available and are easily replaced.
- Quality Assurance System: Manufactured under a Quality Assurance Program certified to ISO 9001 and several U.S. nuclear industry standards including ANSI N45.2, NQA-1, 10CFR 50 Appendix B, and 10CFR 21.
- Super Stock: 1/4" to 3" ANSI pipe sizes available. Contact factory for availability of 1/2" to 3-1/2" tube sizes and metric pipe sizes from DN 8 to DN 80.
EST Group Inc. DBA Expansion Seal Technologies Group, 334 Godshall Drive, Harleysville, PA 19438. Tel: 215-513-4300; Fax: 215-513-4333.